Select another wine

Magna Montis



Malbec   |   Valle de Uco - Argentina


With this wine, Martin wanted to showcase the vibrant, fresh, and fruit driven side of Malbec. The fruit is grown at 3800 feet in Tupungato, one of the biggest departments in the Uco Valley with a diverse array of alluvial soils, crossed by many rivers and river beds. Wines from Tupungato tend to have very expressive aromas because of the sun exposure, and yet they are lighter bodied with much more skin and bone than muscle with an austere mid palate, depending on the soil composition.

Grapes are hand picked and then brought into the cellar for spontaneous fermentation. About 80% of the grapes are de-stemmed and sent to stainless, along with the remaining 20% whole clusters. Cold maceration takes 20 days, with one soft punch down per day. When alcoholic fermentation is complete, the wine is pressed off the skins and sent to concrete tanks for one year of aging. It is gently fined and filtered to preserve freshness and bottled with 75 ppm sulfur.


  • Grapes: 100% Malbec
  • Vineyard: Gualtallary (Tupungato)
  • Vine Age: 20-years-old
  • Soil Type: Deep alluvial soils with limestone and calcium carbonate
  • Viticulture: Sustainable
  • Fermentation: Native – stainless-steel (20% whole-cluster)
  • Skin Contact: 20 days
  • Aging: 1 year in concrete tanks
  • Alcohol: 13.9%
  • pH: 3.8
  • Total Acidity: 4.8 g/L
  • Total SO2: 75 ppm
  • Total Production: 292 cases

Tasting Notes

The nose is full of red and purple fruits, like plums and cherries, with a touch of violet and a refreshing herbal nuance. On the palate, this wine is layered with juicy, crunchy fruit flavor balanced by a distinct minerality. A graphite element that adds nice depth. There is great tension on the mid palate before a penetrating, zippy finish.

Have a question or want to drop a line?

Contact Us