Select another wine

Wolf & Woman


Chenin Blanc

Swartland - South Africa


Jolandie has two rules for her Chenin Blanc:  One, the vineyards must be older than 35-years and two, they must be sustainable and dry-farmed.  Check and check.  In 2023, the grapes came from four sites: 70% came from three sites on the Paardeberg Mountain (Uitvlug, Lammershoek, & Langkloof Vineyards) and the remaining 30% came from the Rooidraai Vineyard in Malmesbury. The granitic components from the Paardeberg are linear and mineral-driven with more ‘white’ notes and very fresh tones.  The iron-derived influences, on the other hand, impart beautiful yellow-spectrum aromatics, which adds richness and texture to the final blend.

The fruit was hand-harvested in the early morning hours and cold-soaked in small picking bins for 24 hours.  The following morning the bunches were whole-bunch pressed to stainless-steel and the juice was allowed to settle naturally overnight.  The juice and fine lees were transferred to a combination of old 300L (20%) and 500L barrels (80%).  Fermentation kicked off naturally without any additions and two weeks of battonage was employed for textural notes. After 10 months aging the wines were racked to tank to settle and the wine was bottled two weeks later without fining and just a gentle filtration and small sulfur addition.


  • Grapes: 100% Chenin Blanc (bushvine)
  • Vineyard: 70% Paardeberg (Uitvlug, Lammershoek, & Langkloof Vineyards) - 30% Malmesbury (Rooidraai Vineyard), all Certified Heritage Vineyards
  • Vine Age: 44-56-years-old (Paardeberg) - 43-years-old (Malmesbury)
  • Soil Type: Decomposed granite (Paardeberg) - Ironstone riddled shale (Malmesbury)
  • Viticulture: Sustainable – dry-farmed
  • Fermentation: Native – seasoned 300L & 500L French oak (100% whole-bunch pressed)
  • Skin Contact: None
  • Aging: 10 months on gross lees in neutral 300L & 500L French oak
  • Alcohol: 13.2%
  • pH: 3.2
  • Total Acidity: 5.6 g/L
  • Total SO2: 90 ppm
  • Total Production: 508 cases
  • UPC: 6009648141377

Tasting Notes

Sweet lemon, nectarines, dandelion flowers, and a touch of resinous reduction. Spices and fresh mushrooms emerge with air. Dense palate, bright acidity, and a textured finish.

Have a question or want to drop a line?

Contact Us