Select another wine

Lovely Creatures



Western Cape - South Africa


For two vintages since its launch, Lovely Creatures has focused on varietal Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. In 2024, Pinotage joins the lineup as this is really a flagship grape of South Africa and Stephanie felt this would round out the portfolio against the other two international varieties. Stephanie had a connection to a vineyard at the base of the Simonsberg Mountain in Stellenbosch and was able to secure enough fruit for just this maiden 2023 vintage. The goal was a Pinotage that reflects this grapes parentage (Pinot Noir and Cinsault) and steers away from the overly oaked and overly fruity Pinotages that have become commonplace on the international market. As a result, this is a truly delicious wine that is made with a gentle touch and a high-toned style.

The grapes were hand picked and brought back to the cellar for spontaneous fermentation after crushing. The skins soaked with the juice for 10 days of fermentation in stainless-steel tanks, and then 90% of the wine stayed there while the remaining 10% went to old oak for 6 months of aging. The wine was bottled with a gentle crossflow filtration and low sulfur dosage. It is unfined.


  • Grapes: 100% Pinotage
  • Vineyard: Simonsberg (Stellenbosch)
  • Vine Age: 18-years-old
  • Soil Type: Granite and clay
  • Viticulture: Conventional
  • Fermentation: Native — stainless-steel
  • Skin Contact: 10 days
  • Aging: Stainless-steel (90%) and old oak (10%)
  • Alcohol: 14%
  • pH: 3.64
  • Total Acidity: 5 g/L
  • Total SO2: 43 ppm
  • Total Production: 583 cases
  • UPC: 0659525366339

Tasting Notes

This Pinotage is like a taste of summer, with its medium body, crunchy texture, and bursts of fruity flavor. Think ripe red cherries and juicy plums against a lively backbone of acidity and silky tannins. High refreshment factor.

Have a question or want to drop a line?

Contact Us