Select another wine

Harrow & Hope


Brut   |   England


The ‘signature’ blend has been created from all three classic grape varieties, led by the pure fruit and texture of Pinot Noir & Pinot Meunier and well supported by the finesse of Chardonnay. This the 4th Edition bottling, dominated by the truly great 2015 vintage, supported with 30% 2014 reserves, aged in old oak barriques. 2015 was a truly great year for Pinot Noir and this very much shines through in the blend. The reserves really help to soften this wine and add extra complexity which makes it quite compelling on release.

The grapes are handpicked and whole bunch pressed primarily to tank (75%) and the rest to older French barrique (25%) for primary fermentation. After four months of aging the selection of lots is made and racked to a blending tank to settle and a 30% addition of 2014 reserve wine from barrel is added. The wine is bottled and secondary fermentation is carried out. After 30 months on lees it is disgorged and topped with a seven-gram dosage. The wine is further aged for six months under cork mellowing it out.


  • Grapes: 40% Chardonnay - 40% Pinot Noir - 20% Pinot Meunier
  • Vineyard: Harrow & Hope Estate
  • Vine Age: 5-7-years-old
  • Soil Type: Heavy gravel & shale over chalk
  • Viticulture: Practicing Organic – dry-farmed / vineyard has never been sprayed
  • Fermentation: 75% Inoculated (stainless-steel portion) - 25% native (barrel fermented portion)
  • Skin Contact: None
  • Aging: Primary: 4 months in stainless steel (75%) & neutral barrique (25%) (2014 base) in addition to 20% reserve wine from barriqueSecondary: 30 months in bottle
  • Residual Sugar: 7 g/L
  • Total Production: 1,000 cases

Tasting Note

Very bright lemon yellow in color. The nose is big on fruit character and driven by the dominant Pinot Noir in the blend. As the first wave of aroma subsides you start to see the yeast character coming through which then follows through to the palate adding extra complexity and toasty richness.