Trizanne’s time at Mosswood in Margaret River exposed her to the classic blend of Sémillon and Sauvignon Blanc. Upon returning home she knew eventually this would become a big part of her personal winemaking. At the time she was working for Klein Constantia and was able to dabble with the varieties then. Just three years after launching her eponymous label in 2008, her ideal site for this blend discovered Trizanne. The über-cool outlet of Elim was perfect for maintaining long hangtime without driving the alcohol or pH up too much. The pH is very low, but the total acidity is in a middle ground place due to immensely long hangtimes. The 2020 vintage showcases the reversal of the previous release with Sauvignon Blanc being the dominant variety rather than Sémillon.
The fruit comes from the Berrio & Zotendal farms in Elim. The 900+ million-year-old soils are some of the first to have broken off from Antarctica, and some of the oldest in the world. Harvest started the second week of February and lasted two full weeks. The different blocks were hand-harvested then whole-bunch pressed directly into 80% old 225L, 300L and 500L French oak barrels (the remaining 20% were new). The wines aged on the gross lees with battonage being implemented for the first month on a daily basis then aged sur-lie after the fact. After 10 months of aging the wine was racked to tank where it settled naturally. It was blended and bottled in December 2020 without fining and with a light sheet filtration and sulfur addition.